Springtime as sprung. As the flowers start to bloom and look beautiful, we would like our hair and skin to radiate too. Below you will find 10 tested and tried all natural beauty secrets that will have you glow like a spring flower. All the products used are things that you already have in your kitchen, bathroom or can be purchased at your local grocery store.
1. Repair your skin. There are many things you can use to repair your skin but none as simple, cost effective, or beneficial as an egg white face mask. Egg white face masks are great for people with dry flaky skin as it hydrates, nourishes and moisturizes dehydrated skin. It also tightens and tones the skin, while slowing down the aging process. One of its really great features is it eliminates toxins that create wrinkles. Use 1 egg white at room temperature. Apply it with a thin coat to your face and let stand for about 15 minutes. When it has dried completely, place a hot wet towel on your face and remove in a circular motion. Pat dry with a towel and marvel at the smooth feel of your skin!
2. Instant Eye Lift. Refresh and sooth your puffy eyes with cool cucumbers. Cucumbers contain ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and caffeic acid, both of which help reduce swelling. Take two chilled cucumber slices and place one slice over each eye, relax your head for about 10 to15 minutes. Remove cucumbers and relish in your new instant eye lift.
3. Grind it up body scrub! Start your day with a smoothing body scrub made from coffee grounds. Grind the coffee up very fine. As you take your soothing shower, rub the coffee grounds on to exfoliate old dead skin leaving your skin soft, smooth and silky.
4. Invigorate your feet. Now that winter is over get your feet ready for sandals with an invigorating oatmeal foot bath. An oatmeal foot bath will help relieve dry, cracked skin. It helps soften and moisten the skin so your feet can be silky smooth. The way you make the oatmeal foot soak is simply by adding the 1 cup of ground rolled oats, ½ cup of baking soda, and ½ a cup of chamomile tea leaves. Put directly into your footbath and fill with hot water. Simply allow the ingredients to melt right into the footbath for a minute. Stick your feet into the foot bath and allow them to soak in all the goodness so your feet can feel soft and pretty again. Try to soak your feet in the foot soak for as long as possible.
5. Age defying hands. Your hands have been known to be a big age giveaway. For a more youthful look you must add moisture to the hands and nail bed. Instead of cutting your cuticles, moisturize and push them back. If you don’t have a cuticle pusher, use an eraser head wrapped in tissue to push them back. To keep your nail bed white and healthy looking, rub them with a lemon wedge. The acid in the lemon will brighten your nails. Rough nail files can weaken your nails, causing them to split and peel. Use a superfine grit nail file to produce a clean, chip-free nail edge. For a youthful look, Keep your nails no longer than ¼ inch beyond your fingertips.
6. Protecting your hair. Protect your hair from the drying elements of, the sun, salt, and wind. Apply a few teaspoons of olive oil to your hair from scalp to the ends of your hair. Brush through with a boar-bristle brush. Wrap your hair in a hot towel for 15 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with warm water and follow up with cleansing shampoo to remove excess oils from your hair. This treatment creates a barrier around the hair shaft, protecting it from the drying elements of sun, salt, and wind.
7. Hydrate your hair. It’s easy for your hair to become dry and brittle. Cold temperatures and very dry environments like heat from your home tend to deplete your hair of its natural moisture. All of this can cause dull, flaky, dry skin and brittle, frizzy hair. The key to nourishing your hair is to keep it hydrated. One great way to keep your hair hydrated is to sleep with a humidifier on and close your bedroom door. This will add moisture to the air.
8. Nourish your hair. You don’t have to buy tons of products to nourish your hair. With a proper diet, you will have strong healthy shiny hair. Here are just a few food items that will aid you in your quest for healthy hair. Essential fatty acids are foods that keep your hair and skin healthy, especially omega-3 fatty acids, which play a key role in skin, hair, and nails. You should eat some of these foods everyday: Salmon, tuna, mackerel, and other fatty fish. Citrus fruits and tomatoes contain vitamin c which aids in improving scalp circulation and encourages hair growth. Eggs or Egg Whites contain vitamin b12 which is essential for hair growth. Broccoli is an iron-rich food that helps reverse hair loss. Brown Rice is a great source of biotin and is necessary for healthy hair. Eating properly promotes healthy hair.
9. Preventing Sun damaged hair. Too much exposure to the sun can cause your hair to become overexposed leaving it dry, brittle, and damaged. Honey is a natural humectant, which attracts and locks in moisture. To get the best results, mix ½ cup honey with 1 Tbsp of olive into clean, damp hair, let it sit for about 20 minutes, and then rinse with warm water. Follow up with a light shampoo. This treatment can be done once a month.
10. Water is the key to it all. Water has so many benefits for our hair and skin and is essential to stay properly hydrated. Water helps to deliver key nutrients to cells allowing our hair and skin to look and feel healthy. Additionally, water helps eliminate toxins from the body and impurities from the skin. And well hydrated skin will result in a healthy and radiant complexion. It is recommended to drink at least 8 cups of water per day.
By using these springtime all natural beauty secrets, you will not only look good but feel great!